Are you maintenance-savvy?
- Suffering from sticker shock at annual?
- Frustrated when squawks still aren't fixed after two or three trips to the shop?
- Hassled by downtime?
- Flabbergasted by the high cost of parts?
- Unsure what to do at engine or propeller TBO?
- Intimidated by mechanicals away from home?
- Ever felt like a mechanic had you over a barrel?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you've come to the right place!
Mike Busch is arguably the best-known A&P/IA in general aviation. Here are some of his accomplishments:
- Founder and CEO of Savvy Aircraft Maintenance Management, Inc., the world's largest firm providing professional maintenance management for owner-flown aircraft. If you're an aircraft owner, Mike's firm can save you thousands of dollars annually on maintenance, while eliminating most of the stress and hassle involved in managing your own maintenance. Clients call his Savvy managed maintenance program "a winning formula" and "a game-changer" and "a no-brainer." Check it out!
- Creator of the renowned Savvy Owner Seminar, a 17-hour total-immersion weekend course for aircraft owners that teaches them how to obtain the best maintenance and the least cost with the fewest surprises.
- Producer and presenter of free monthly maintenance webinars on the first Wednesday of each month, in conjunction with EAA. These webinars regularly attract 500+ "live" participants, and are also recorded for later playback for those unable to participate live.
- Prolific author of hundreds of magazine articles published in Air Facts, American Bonanza Society Magazine, AVweb, Cessna Pilots Association Magazine, Cirrus Pilot, EAA Sport Aviation, IFR, Light Plane Maintenance, and The Aviation Consumer. Presently, Mike's monthly maintenance columns appear in EAA Sport Aviation, Cessna Pilots Association, and Cirrus Pilot magazines.
- Co-founder of AVweb, the world's premier online aviation news resource, and served as its editor-in-chief for more than 7 years.
- A fixture at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wis. each July, offering free presentations on a wide variety of maintenance-related subjects on the Forums Plaza once or twice a day every day of the show.
- Honored by the FAA as National Aviation Maintenance Technician of the Year for 2008. This award is presented annually by the FAA Administrator in a ceremony at Oshkosh.
- Frequent expert witness and consultant in air crash litigation involving maintenance issues.
- Pilot and aircraft owner for more than 45 years, with more than 7,500 hours logged as PIC. A&P/IA and CFIA/I/ME.
If you need help with a GA maintenance issue, contact Mike. If he doesn't know the answer, he knows who knows.